Each year, the wineries of Columbia & Montour counties host several seasonal events, allowing participants to enjoy a festive trip through the heart of the Central PA countryside. The counties have a number of fantastic local wineries. During each event, some of the area wineries will participate and offer special pairings and prize baskets for a few lucky winners. Tickets are traditionally FREE, but tasting fees may apply at several of the wineries.
-- Winter 2020 Holiday Wine Trail --
Kick off the holiday season in style this year with a journey through the wineries of Columbia & Montour Counties! This December 4 - 13, visit six participating wineries and enjoy special holiday features for a chance to win wine-filled prize baskets.
PLUS, new this season to the wine trail - get a free souvenir wine tumbler glass at your first winery stop (while supplies last). Each participating winery will have tumbler glasses available for the first 50 wine trail starters - if your first stop has already run out, you'll have a chance to see if one of the other stops still has them available!
From Friday, December 4th through Sunday, December 13th, trail-goers can travel from winery to winery, tasting delicious seasonal wine features. Along the way, participants will be able to get their tickets stamped at each location. Visit each participating location and you'll be entered to win winery gift baskets and one Grand Prize basket! The Grand Prize basket will be compiled with bottles of wine from each participating winery. Please note that while trail tickets are FREE, tasting fees may apply at several of the wineries.
The wineries participating in the Holiday Wine Trail are:
-- Cardinal Hollow Winery at Winding Creek Shops - Benton
4378 Red Rock Rd, Benton, PA 17814
-- Colonel Ricketts Hard Cider Winery - Benton
4360 Red Rock Rd, Benton, PA 17814
-- Juniata Valley Winery at Nature's Outdoors - Benton
357A Camp Lavigne Rd, Benton, PA 17814
-- Kulpmont Winery Outlet at the Ol' Country Barn - Benton
9 S Comstock Rd, Benton, PA 17814
-- Red Shale Ridge Vineyards - Danville Outlet
450 Mill St, Danville, PA 17821
-- Shade Mountain Winery & Vineyard - Riverside/Danville Outlet
1 D and H Ave, Danville, PA 17821
**NOTE** The trail can be completed during each winery's normal business hours. Please call ahead or visit individual wineries' websites for individual hours of operation or to inquire about COVID guidelines.
How it Works:
1. If you are interested in participating in the Holiday Wine Trail, simply proceed to one of the wineries of your choosing during the posted event dates (you may start at whichever one you'd like).
2. Pick up a FREE event ticket at the first winery you visit - all will have tickets available. Also collect your free wine tumbler glass if the winery still has some available (if not, you may try at your next stop).
3. Fill out 1/2 of the ticket and turn it in at the first winery. Keep the other half to record stamps/signatures.
4. Enjoy your first seasonal wine tasting and have your ticket authorized in the assigned space for that particular winery.
5. Proceed to the rest of the wineries during their normal business hours and enjoy delectable wines + get more stamps/autographs!
6. At your final winery stop, turn in your completed second half of the ticket to be entered to win any of the prize baskets. All participants who complete every stop on the trail will have a chance to win any of the individual winery baskets and the Grand Prize basket regardless of where they turn in their ticket.
- Kulpmont Winery at the Ol' Country Barn will be featuring their winter sangria and hot chocolate with a twist.
- Red Shale Ridge Vineyards Outlet in Danville will be featuring a mulled spiced apple wine.
- Shade Mountain Winery Outlet in Riverside will be featuring their famous Grinch Grog, heated.