This autumn, come to Columbia & Montour counties to enjoy a festive trip through the heart of the Central PA countryside. Along the way, stop at nine fantastic local wineries and participate in this year’s autumn winery event. The “Wine & Foliage” Trail will kick off on Friday, October 6th and run through Sunday, October 15th. Each winery will offer a special wine pairing with a tasty seasonal treat. Visit every winery for a chance to win a wine-themed prize basket! Each winery will provide an individual prize basket and one large Grand Prize basket will be compiled with bottles of wine from every winery.
Participating wineries will be: Colonel Ricketts Hard Cider Winery, Elk Mountain Winery Outlet at Stoney Acres, Freas Farm Winery, O’Donnell Winery, Pickering Winery – Orangeville, Purple Cow Winery, Red Shale Ridge Vineyards – (Danville location), Shade Mountain Winery & Vineyard -(Danville location), and Three Dogs Vino.
**PLEASE NOTE** All wineries will be open for this event during their normal posted business hours. Please visit each winery’s website or call individually for hours. Normal tasting fees will apply – some wineries will have tasting fees, others will not. Again, please see each winery’s website for more information on individual tasting fees.
For our brochure listing all area wineries, please click here.
This event is in partnership with Pennsylvania Wines & PA Wine Month promotions. More information is available at PAWineMonth.com.
How it Works
- If you are interested in participating in this year’s Wine & Foliage Trail event, simply proceed to one of the wineries of your choosing during October 6th-15th (you may start at whichever one you’d like).
- Pick up an event ticket at the first winery you visit – all will have tickets available.
- Fill out 1/2 of the ticket and turn it in at the first winery. Keep the other half to record stamps/signatures.
- Enjoy your first seasonal wine pairing and have your ticket authorized in the assigned space for that particular winery.
- Proceed to the rest of the wineries and enjoy fall pairings + get more stamps/autographs!
- At your final winery stop, turn in your completed second half of the ticket to be entered to win any of the prize baskets. All participants who complete each stop on the trail will have a chance to win any of the individual baskets and the Grand Prize basket regardless of where they turn in their ticket.
- Each winery is not going to be open every single day during the event dates. Please plan your route stops accordingly based on winery hours.
- Winners for prize baskets will be drawn by October 22nd and notified by email.
- Winners will be expected to pick up their prize basket from the winery providing the basket; the Grand Prize basket will be located at the Columbia-Montour Visitors Bureau Welcome Center (121 Papermill Road, Bloomsburg).
- Participants do NOT have to complete the trail over the course of one day or one weekend. Please complete the trail your convenience. As long as you have visited all wineries during the window of October 6th-15th, you will be eligible for the prize drawing.
- Lodging discounts are available for those coming in from out of the area who are looking to spend a weekend traveling the wine trail.
- Current offers:
- Danville Super 8 – Sunday thru Thursday: rooms for $69.95+Tax. Includes complimentary continental breakfast, Fitness Center use, and free Wi-Fi. On Fridays & Saturdays during the event, mention “Wine Trail Event” and receive 10% off their lowest rate (above rate not available for weekends).
- Comfort Inn in Mifflinville – Sunday thru Thursday: rooms for $79.00+Tax. Includes complimentary full breakfast and free Wi-Fi. On Fridays & Saturdays during the event, mention “Wine Trail Event” and receive 10% off their lowest rate (above rate not available for weekends).
- Current offers: