It’s the spookiest time of year but a visit to the wineries of Columbia & Montour Counties will be so sweet! This Halloween season, visit area wineries and enjoy wine tastings with special Halloween candy pairings. From October 22-30, visit a total of eight participating wineries on a special Wine & Witches Halloween Trail and get your wine trail ticket authorized. Once you’ve visited each location, you’ll be eligible to win one of eight $25 gift cards (one from each participating winery) as well as a Grand Prize bundle of gift cards. This year’s grand prize will feature: an $80 wine voucher to be used at any/all wineries on the trail, a $50 gift card from the Central Park Hotel in Benton, a $25 gift card from the Pine Barn Inn in Danville, and tickets to BTE’s holiday production of A Christmas Carol!
Wineries participating in this year’s Halloween Wine & Witches Trail:
Cardinal Hollow Winery Outlet at Winding Creek Shops; 4378 Red Rock Rd, Benton, PA 17814
Freas Farm Winery; 130 Twin Church Road, Berwick, PA 18603
Juniata Valley Winery Outlet at Nature’s Outdoors; 357A Camp Lavigne Rd, Benton, PA 17814
Kulpmont Winery Outlet at the Ol’ Country Barn; 9 S Comstock Rd, Benton, PA 17814
Pour Choices Winery; 1549 State Route 487, Orangeville, PA 17859
Purple Cow Winery; 281 Welliversville Rd, Bloomsburg PA 17815
Ricketts Hard Cider Winery; 4360 Red Rock Rd, Benton, PA 17814
Shade Mountain Winery – Danville Outlet; 1 D & H Avenue, Danville, PA 17821
**NOTE** Hours vary for each winery. The trail can be completed at any point from October 22-30 during each winery’s normal business hours. Please plan to call ahead or visit individual wineries’ websites for individual hours of operation as locations’ hours may change on short notice. No purchase necessary to win prizes; wine trail tickets are free. However, please note that wine tastings at each stop may have fees if you choose to indulge!
How it Works:
1. If you are interested in participating in the Halloween Wine & Witches Trail, simply proceed to one of the wineries of your choosing during the posted event dates (you may start at whichever one you’d like).
2. Pick up a free event ticket at the first winery you visit – all will have tickets available.
3. Fill out 1/2 of the ticket and turn it in at the first winery. Keep the other half to record stamps/signatures.
4. Enjoy your first wine pairing and have your ticket authorized in the assigned space for that particular winery.
5. Proceed to the rest of the wineries during their normal business hours and enjoy delectable wines and Halloween Candy pairings + get more stamps/autographs!
6. At your final winery stop, turn in your completed second half of the ticket to be entered to win any of the prizes. All participants who complete every stop on the trail will have a chance to win any one of the individual winery gift cards and the Grand Prize bundle regardless of where they turn in their ticket.
Wine Trail Map/Brochure can be downloaded here.
***PLEASE NOTE*** – THREE DOGS VINO (not participating) & RED SHALE RIDGE VINEYARDS – DANVILLE (permanently closed) are NOT stops on the 2022 trail.