Enjoy a sweet journey through the wineries of Columbia & Montour Counties this Valentine’s season with that special someone, or with your go-to group of friends! From February 5-14, visit six participating wineries and enjoy special wine & chocolate features for a chance to win wine-filled prize baskets.
From Friday, February 5th through Sunday, February 14th, trail-goers can travel from winery to winery, tasting delicious seasonal wine features. Along the way, participants will be able to get their tickets stamped at each location. Visit each participating location and you’ll be entered to win winery gift baskets and one Grand Prize basket! The Grand Prize basket will be compiled with bottles of wine from each participating winery. Please note that while trail tickets are FREE, tasting fees may apply at several of the wineries.
The wineries participating in the Valentine’s Wine & Chocolate Trail are:
— Cardinal Hollow Winery Outlet at Winding Creek Shops – Benton
4378 Red Rock Rd, Benton, PA 17814
— Colonel Ricketts Hard Cider Winery – Benton
4360 Red Rock Rd, Benton, PA 17814
— Juniata Valley Winery Outlet at Nature’s Outdoors – Benton
357A Camp Lavigne Rd, Benton, PA 17814
— Kulpmont Winery Outlet at the Ol’ Country Barn – Benton
9 S Comstock Rd, Benton, PA 17814
— Red Shale Ridge Vineyards – Danville Outlet
450 Mill St, Danville, PA 17821
— Shade Mountain Winery & Vineyard – Riverside/Danville Outlet
1 D and H Ave, Danville, PA 17821
**NOTE** Hours vary for each winery. The trail can be completed during each winery’s normal business hours. Please call ahead or visit individual wineries’ websites for individual hours of operation or to inquire about COVID guidelines.
How it Works:
1. If you are interested in participating in the Valentine’s Wine & Chocolate Trail, simply proceed to one of the wineries of your choosing during the posted event dates (you may start at whichever one you’d like).
2. Pick up a FREE event ticket at the first winery you visit – all will have tickets available.
3. Fill out 1/2 of the ticket and turn it in at the first winery. Keep the other half to record stamps/signatures.
4. Enjoy your first seasonal wine tasting and have your ticket authorized in the assigned space for that particular winery.
5. Proceed to the rest of the wineries during their normal business hours and enjoy delectable wines + get more stamps/autographs!
6. At your final winery stop, turn in your completed second half of the ticket to be entered to win any of the prize baskets. All participants who complete every stop on the trail will have a chance to win any of the individual winery baskets and the Grand Prize basket regardless of where they turn in their ticket.
– Cardinal Hollow Winery at Winding Creek Shops: Dove Dark Chocolate & Hershey’s Special Dark
– Colonel Ricketts Hard Cider Winery: Partnering with Incredible Popcorn (gourmet treat store in Bloomsburg) for three different chocolate pairing options
– Juniata Valley Winery at Nature’s Outdoors: Dove Milk Chocolate with Morning Thief Strawberry Wine
– Kulpmont Winery at Ol’ Country Barn – Strawberry Wine Punch with Lindor Milk and Dark Chocolate Truffles.
– Red Shale Ridge Vineyards (Danville): Hershey Kisses & Strawberry Wine
– Shade Mountain Winery (Danville): Peanut Butter Cups with Jack’s Mountain Red (Concord Wine)