- This event has passed.
Run For The Diamonds
November 26 @ 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
One event on November 22, 2018 at 8:00 am
One event on November 26, 2020 at 8:00 am
The Run For The Diamonds is an annual Thanksgiving Day 9-mile road race which takes place in Berwick, Pennsylvania, United States. The race started in 1908 and has only been cancelled two years, 1918 & 1919.
Registration will be online only for 2020 and be limited to the first 1,000 runners. THERE WILL BE NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION. Registration will be open from Oct 5 – Nov 22 at 11:59pm. After this point the race will be closed and no additional registrations will be accepted.
The race will consist of 5 different wave start times of 200 runners each. The first wave will start at 10am followed every 5 minutes after. The last wave will begin at 10:20am. Wave 1 will be all male participants. Wave 2 will be all female participants. All runners will be assigned to a wave prior to race morning and will be notified accordingly.
Due to CDC and the PA Governor Guidelines the following changes will be made to the 2020 event:
1. Face masks must be worn by all participants, spectators and volunteers while not in the act of running. When you arrive onsite please wear a mask. When you finish the race please put your mask back on.
2. Waves of 200 runners will begin at 10am and will continue every five minutes after. The course will be closed 3-hours after the last wave starts (1:20pm).
3. The 10am wave will consist of the top 200 men who are competing to win the overall event. The 10:05am wave will consist of the top 200 women who are competing to win the overall event. If you would like to be assigned in either of these two waves please contact the Race Director. You must start in one of these two waves to be eligible for overall prizes.
4. All waves will be assigned by the race staff and you will be notified your starting time closer to race morning.
5. Official finish times and age group awards will be based off of chip time EXCEPT for waves 1 and 2. Overall race winners in the first two waves will be issued based on gun time.
Race packet pick-up will take place at the Elks Lodge on Wednesday, Nov. 25th from 1:00pm – 7:00pm or on race day from 8am until 9:40am. Participants will not be allowed inside the building other than to pick up their packet. Please plan accordingly based on the weather conditions.