For the past several years, the Columbia-Montour Visitors Bureau has held a photo contest geared specifically toward the 25 historic covered bridges in the area. This year’s contest is still open for entries, and will close on Friday, June 1st. Individuals who have taken photos of one of the counties’ covered bridges are encouraged to enter. There is no cost to submit, and photographers are permitted to enter up to FOUR covered bridge images.
All entries will be judged primarily on their superior quality, composition, and lighting. Photos from all four seasons are encouraged. To be considered, entries must feature one of the 25 covered bridges in Columbia & Montour counties. To learn which bridges qualify for the contest and where each one is located, potential entrants can download or request a free covered bridges brochure on the Visitors Bureau’s website: www.itourcolumbiamontour.com/request-a-brochure/
The Columbia-Montour Visitors Bureau’s 2018 Covered Bridge Photo Contest began on March 5 and ends June 1.
How to Enter:
- Email your photos to email@example.com within the dates above. Submitted photos should be labeled as follows: YourLastName_BridgeName_2018.jpg.
- Alternatively, you can post your photo entries on Instagram using the hashtag #CMVBPuzzle2018. YOU MUST INCLUDE the photographer’s name and the name of the covered bridge. If selected as a finalist, the CMVB will contact you for a higher quality image.
Rules and Regulations:
- All photos must be of bridges located within Columbia or Montour County.
- All photos must be owned by the person submitting them. By submitting, you are giving the Columbia-Montour Visitors Bureau permission to use your photo in future marketing efforts, and as the puzzle if selected as the winning image.
- All photos must be high-resolution (no smaller than 1000 x 1000 pixels).
- A limit of FOUR photos per person will be accepted.
- By entering images into the contest, entrants agree to allow the Columbia-Montour Visitors Bureau to utilize photographs in continued regional marketing efforts and in future covered bridge photo contest advertisements.
The staff of the Columbia-Montour Visitors Bureau will select the winning image to be featured as the 2018 limited edition Columbia & Montour Counties Covered Bridge Puzzle. No entries will be accepted after June 1st. The overall winner and several honorable mentions will be announced following the final submission deadline. The winner will receive a free puzzle and their name and short bio will be printed on the puzzle, as well as on this page and on the CMVB’s social media. Each puzzle is a limited edition item, and can be kept as collector’s items. Only 250 puzzles are produced each year.
Every year, the puzzle is traditionally released in September and sold at the Bloomsburg Fair, the Covered Bridge & Arts Festival, and at the CMVB Welcome Center. $2 from each sale is donated to the Columbia County Covered Bridge Association.