For the past several years, the Columbia-Montour Visitors Bureau has held a photo contest geared specifically toward the 25 historic covered bridges in the area. This year’s contest is currently open for submissions, and photos will be accepted for consideration until June 1st. Individuals who have taken photos of one of the counties’ covered bridges are encouraged to enter. There is no cost to submit.
All entries will be judged primarily on their superior quality, composition, and lighting. Photos from all four seasons are encouraged. To be considered, entries must feature one of the 25 covered bridges in Columbia & Montour counties. To learn which bridges qualify for the contest and where each one is located, potential entrants can download or request a free covered bridges brochure of the area.
The Visitors Bureau’s 2019 Covered Bridge Photo Contest is accepting submissions from March 1 – June 1, 2019.
How to Enter:
- Email your high quality photos to firstname.lastname@example.org within the dates above. MUST INCLUDE: Photographer’s name and the name of the covered bridge.
- OR post your photo on Instagram using #CMVBPuzzle2019. MUST INCLUDE: Photographer’s name and the name of the covered bridge. If selected as a finalist, you will be contacted for a high quality version of your Instagram submission.
Rules and Regulations:
- All photos must be of bridges located within Columbia or Montour Counties.
- All photos must be owned by the person submitting them. By submitting, you are giving the Columbia-Montour Visitors Bureau permission to use your photo as their 2019 puzzle and in future marketing efforts.
- All photos must be high-resolution (at least 1000 pixels on either side).
- A max of five photos per person will be accepted.
One lucky entrant will be chosen by staff of the Columbia-Montour Visitors Bureau to have their photo featured as our 2019 Covered Bridge Puzzle. The puzzle is released in September and sold at the Bloomsburg Fair, the Covered Bridge & Arts Festival, and at the CMVB Welcome Center. The winning photographer will have their name and a short bio published on the puzzle box. The winner will also receive a free puzzle and will be announced to local press outlets. $2 from each sale is donated to the Columbia County Covered Bridge Association. Each puzzle is a limited edition item, and can be kept as collector’s items. Only 250 puzzles are produced each year.