- This event has passed.
Donut and Wine Pairing Week!
February 8 @ 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 3:00 pm, repeating until February 16, 2020
This winter, the popular annual Wine Trail Valentine’s event in Columbia & Montour Counties returns with a new twist. A “Wine & Donut Trail” takes visitors to seven local wineries to sample some delectable wines paired with the perfect matching sweet treat. Visitors also have the chance to win one of eight amazing prize baskets if they complete all seven stops.
From February 7th – 16th, treat your sweetheart to a romantic outing filled with wine and donuts. The “Wine & Donut Trail” in Columbia & Montour Counties is a great way to celebrate the Valentine’s Day season with a loved one, significant other, or group of your best friends. From Friday, February 7th through Sunday, February 16th, seven area wineries will offer special donut pairings with their wines. Participants can get tickets stamped/signed at each location for the chance to win prizes. Each winery will provide an individual prize basket and one large Grand Prize basket will be compiled to include $15 gift certificates from each participating winery. Tickets are FREE, but tasting fees may apply at several of the wineries.
The wineries participating in the February Wine & Donut Trail event are:
Cardinal Hollow Winery at Winding Creek Shops – Benton
Colonel Ricketts Hard Cider Winery – Benton
Freas Farm Winery – Berwick
Juniata Valley Winery at Nature’s Outdoors – Benton
Red Shale Ridge Vineyards – Danville
Shade Mountain Winery & Vineyard – Riverside/Danville
Three Dogs Vino – Bloomsburg
– Projected Pairings –
Cardinal Hollow Winery at Winding Creek Shops – powdered sugar donuts with Sweet Traminette wine
Colonel Ricketts Hard Cider Winery – old-fashioned donuts, TBD
Freas Farm Winery & Meadery – wine & cream infused donut holes
Juniata Valley Winery at Nature’s Outdoors – chocolate covered donuts with strawberry and raspberry wine
Red Shale Ridge Vineyards (Danville) – glazed donuts with Niagara, Fredonia, and strawberry wine
Shade Mountain Winery & Vineyard (Riverside) – cinnamon donuts with Sparkling Apple and Autumn Harvest Blush
Three Dogs Vino – donut flavored wine slushie, different flavor each weekend!
**NOTE** The trail can be completed during each winery’s normal business hours. Please call or visit individual wineries’ websites for their hours of operation.
How it Works
- To participate in this year’s Wine & Donut Trail event, simply proceed to one of the participating wineries of your choosing (you may start at whichever one you’d like).
- Pick up a FREE event ticket at the first winery you visit – all will have tickets available.
- Fill out 1/2 of the ticket and turn it in at the first winery. Keep the other half to record stamps/signatures.
- Enjoy your first seasonal wine pairing and have your ticket authorized in the assigned space for that particular winery.
- Proceed to the rest of the wineries and enjoy delicious pairings + get more stamps/autographs!
- At your final winery stop, turn in your completed second half of the ticket to be entered to win any of the prize baskets. All participants who complete each stop on the trail will have a chance to win any of the individual baskets and the Grand Prize basket regardless of where they turn in their ticket.
- Each winery is not going to be open every single day during the event dates, so plan route stops accordingly based on winery hours.
- Winners for prize baskets will be drawn by March 1st and notified via email.
- Winners will pick up their prize basket from the winery providing the basket; the Grand Prize basket is located at the Columbia-Montour Visitors Bureau Welcome Center (121 Papermill Road, Bloomsburg).
- Participants do NOT have to complete the trail over the course of one day or one weekend. Please plan to complete the trail at your convenience. As long as you have visited all wineries during the window of February 7th-16th and turned in your ticket at the last winery visited, you will be eligible for the prize drawing.
- Hours of operation for Juniata Valley Winery at Nature’s Outdoors are Tuesday-Thursday & Saturday: 11am – 5pm; and Friday: 11am – 7pm.
- Colonel Ricketts Hard Cider Winery will be located at their Green Acres Barn: 4360 Red Rock Road, Benton.
- Purple Cow Winery is closed for the winter and will not be a stop on the Wine & Donut Trail. They will re-open for the season in the spring!