It’s the spookiest time of year but a visit to the wineries of Columbia & Montour Counties will be so sweet! This Halloween season, visit 10 area wineries and enjoy wine tastings with special Halloween candy pairings.
From October 23-31, visit all ten participating wineries on a special Wine & Witches Trail and get your wine trail ticket authorized. Once you’ve visited each location, you’ll be eligible to win one of ten prize baskets from the participating wineries as well as a Grand Prize basket with a bottle of wine from each winery!
Wineries participating in this year’s Halloween Wine & Witches Trail:
Cardinal Hollow Winery Outlet at Winding Creek Shops
— 4378 Red Rock Rd, Benton, PA 17814
Freas Farm Winery
— 130 Twin Church Road, Berwick, PA 18603
Juniata Valley Winery Outlet at Nature’s Outdoors
— 357A Camp Lavigne Rd, Benton, PA 17814
Kulpmont Winery Outlet at the Ol’ Country Barn
— 9 S Comstock Rd, Benton, PA 17814
Pour Choices Winery
— 1549 State Route 487, Orangeville, PA 17859
Purple Cow Winery
— 281 Welliversville Rd, Bloomsburg PA 17815
Red Shale Ridge Vineyards – Danville Outlet
— 450 Mill Street, Danville, PA 17821
Ricketts Hard Cider Winery
— 4360 Red Rock Rd, Benton, PA 17814
Shade Mountain Winery – Danville Outlet
— 1 D & H Avenue, Danville, PA 17821
Three Dogs Vino
— 129 Hidlay Church Rd, Bloomsburg PA 17815
**NOTE** Hours vary for each winery. The trail can be completed at any point from October 23-31 during each winery’s normal business hours. Please plan to call ahead or visit individual wineries’ websites for individual hours of operation as locations’ hours may change on short notice. No purchase necessary to win prize baskets; wine trail tickets are free. but please note that wine tastings at each stop may have fees if you choose to indulge!
How it Works:
1. If you are interested in participating in the Halloween Wine & Witches Trail, simply proceed to one of the wineries of your choosing during the posted event dates (you may start at whichever one you’d like).
2. Pick up a free event ticket at the first winery you visit – all will have tickets available.
3. Fill out 1/2 of the ticket and turn it in at the first winery. Keep the other half to record stamps/signatures.
4. Enjoy your first wine pairing and have your ticket authorized in the assigned space for that particular winery.
5. Proceed to the rest of the wineries during their normal business hours and enjoy delectable wines and Halloween Candy pairings + get more stamps/autographs!
6. At your final winery stop, turn in your completed second half of the ticket to be entered to win any of the prize baskets. All participants who complete every stop on the trail will have a chance to win any of the individual winery baskets and the Grand Prize basket regardless of where they turn in their ticket.
— Shade Mountain Winery’s Pairings: 1.) Three Witches Sparkling White Wine w/ Candy Corn AND 2.) Warm Country Spiced Apple Wine paired with a caramel candy
— Additional pairings TBD (will be announced as wineries decide)